Monday, January 14, 2008

Georgia Tech Big Questions Week Feb 08

Planning the first annual Georgia Tech Big Questions Week has been an adventure. The whole Veritas Forum Planning Team has experienced God's work in so many new ways and seen Him move obstacles all over the place to gather support for this February forum. The vision for the forum this time around came directly out of our responses from the exit survey at last year's event in which the campus told us loud and clear that Tech has enough science and wants to hear about issues surrounding morality.

By title I'm the Creative Events Coordinator, but in truth every one of us has been working overtime to get this event together and raise support, etc. We expect much more work to make it happen the way we envision it, but are always expecting God to work His miracles to go far beyond our expectations.

In future posts I hope to relate my experiences with my brothers in Christ with whom I've had the pleasure of working to plan this event. I also might share some of my theological, philosophical and moral/ethical questions and areas of interest in order to give an example of the sorts of questions that Tech students have and need answered. And also maybe to show some of the skeptics out there that there are, in fact, engineers and "sciency" people that fully believe in and follow Christ. I hope to post again very soon. And remember the Big Questions Week is February 18th through the 22nd at Georgia Tech. We'd love to see you there!

No comments: